Sunday, November 29, 2009

Drop-out of IE at times when using a chat room?

At times I will be chatting, and suddenly find I am not getting a response. I then realise that I have lost my connection to Internet explorer, even though I am still connected to my provider. I get no warning about this happening. Does any one know how I can re-connect to IE without needing to close down computer and start again ?



Drop-out of IE at times when using a chat room?microsoft downloads





If IE is losing its connection to your TCP/IP network stack, you can try a number of actions, depending on your version of IE and operating system. First, be sure you are up to date on patches, for whatever OS you are using. Next, empty your browser cache, and Trash or Recycle Bin. Next, try shutting down and restarting IE, without restarting the computer.



Sometimes, too, the machine can just be busy with background tasks. Check Task Manager when you find IE unresponsive by pressing Ctrl - Alt - Del in Windows 2000 or XP, and see if your processor is very busy, and what process is eating up those cycles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mortgage loan