Sunday, November 29, 2009

Nothing works but IE?

(Looking for specific answers)For windows xp. NONE of my programs will open. I cannot even do sytem restore. only IE. I canceled a defragment, I think that might have something do do with it. If its a virus, I cant run any apps so what should i do to scan? Nothing works in safe mode either...all the exstensions are .exe. I dont have a windows disk. Im pretty good trying to keep my system clean. I have ad-aware pro with ad-watch. When I started the computer and adwatch loaded, a popup came up saying somithig like a file was trying to change my registry. About 20 different popups, I blocked them all. I think that was before I canceled the defragment. Obviously my registery is screwed up Is this fixable?....Is there a way to read the .exe file type so i can run system restore? Also some things work if i open with like notepad, or scan....this sucks....



Nothing works but IE?internet explorer 7





I have to agree with Phil -- but you aren't describing the screens, so it could be something else too. Ad-aware only checks for spyware -- you need to check for viruses too.



AVG is a good free one, as is symantec -- and I think (but am not sure) that both have an online version that will scan you remotely. You may want to try that. It may not be a registry thing, but a virus and you may get lucky.



Nothing works but IE?microsoft word internet explorer



nah sorry dude, if it hit your registry, your sol. Try to find a windows disc, maybe from school or a friend or something. or see if you can do a system restore..not the microsoft app but the actual wiping of the system to start fresh, i know dell does this, ill give you the link for dells if you have a different one try to improvise. good luck, hope everything works out



http://support.dell.com/support/topics/g...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mortgage loan